Monday, February 01, 2010

let's hear it for public transport...

... if you're travelling off peak.

Ok so reasons why I have a wee little crush on public transport.

1. I get to wake up later. Ok, I lie. My job lets me wake up a little later. Only a little bit.
2. I don't have to worry about spending money on petrol once a week. Especially at the psycho expensive petrol station near work.
3. I get to listen to podcasts. I was listening to a podcast where they briefly mentioned public transport in Paris. They mentioned that they never have posters on the trains there boasting about their on-time record. And then I spotted a posted boasting just that thing on little old Transperth - using bar graphs no less. Bar Graphs! And it didn't even have different coloured bars. (Note to Transperth: next time use Venn diagrams or flow charts. I don't care if they don't represent the data as well, they look hot.)
4. Free parking. And by free parking, I mean free parking with no chance of getting a parking fine from those expletives at the City of Perth. Must pay that parking fine...
5. No utes. I hate, hate, hate tradies in utes on the freeway. Now, for the most part I don't have to deal with them.
6. Extra sleep. If I were tired, I could sleep on the train. Not so driving down the freeway.

Ok, no more train gushing. I'm done.

No comments: