Tuesday, April 20, 2010

dear icelandic volcano

Yes, that's right, I'm one of millions, or even perhaps billions who cannot pronounce your name properly, let alone spell it.

So sorry, I could try and say it, but I'm fairly certain I'd make a mockery of the Icelandic language. And the voice of the Swedish Chef.

Anyway, where was I?

Yes.

Dear Icelandic volcano,

I know you're cranky and you're spewing stuff into the air. It's your moment in the sun, you're stealing the spotlight in the international media. And you're teaching people a few things:

a) Always have a plan B, C, D, or all the way through V.
b) Never travel farther than you can afford a taxi fare back to your humble abode.
c) Not to be so precocious as to assume you can just fly somewhere. Commercial aviation is relatively young.
d) You cannot ever make airport terminal chairs comfortable. Nor can you make them into beds.

Ok, so we've established that you've given us a few timely reminders. Lesson learnt.

Now can you please, please, please it a rest in ooh... a month at the most? I have a plane to catch.

K thx bye,

Jess.

PS. Will ask SCOSE how to say your name. They will know.
PPS. Do you have a nickname? That may be easier.

No comments: