Friday, April 09, 2010

dear bumface,

RE: interesting developments.

So... let's talk in cryptic crossword speak.

You're potentially at a crossroads. You've seen similar crossroads before.

No biggie, hey?

Except you're not so sure. Really not sure. Both options are equally enticing.

You want my opinion. I think that's dangerous. Not because I'm biased ( I am), not because I have an agenda ( I don't). But mostly because it is your decision. Not mine.

May I stop and give you one piece of advice? Do not listen to your head. Your head is far too rational on either side of the equation. The cartoon angels and devils have veritable field days and you're left without any clue or any calm. A tougher deliberation awaits when you listen to your head.

Do not listen to your heart. It is irrational, flippant, useless in times like these. It is not a matter for your heart to decide.

No, go with your gut. Go with what feels right. More importantly go with what feels right for right now. Not ten years down then track. Ten years time will sort itself out in precisely that time frame.

From my experience, real piece of mind comes from going with your gut.

No comments: